If your application is going to be sending out single messages (or less than 25 messages at a time), we highly suggest using SMTP. SMTP is a better option for sending out small amounts of mail. If you have questions on configuring your application to use SMTP, please contact CSN's support team.
On the other hand, you may need to use our mail relays if your application will be sending out messages to a larger mailing list. If that’s the case, please review the following rules for sending messages through our mail relays:
- Your message must have a working unsubscribe link, which must be demonstrated to us upon request.
- The message must have a valid Return Path. This means the message must have a valid from address listed in the message.
- The message of the email can only refer to the domain the message is being sent from. This means “DomainA.com” cannot send messages for “DomainB.com.”
- You must obtain CyberSite.net's advance approval for any bulk or commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate, at a minimum, that your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure, your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given, you retain evidence of the recipient's consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor the recipient's and CyberSite.net's requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- We do not allow bulk or commercial e-mail being sent to more than five-thousand (5,000) users per day at a rate of 250 messages every 20 minutes.
- CyberSite.net may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
BACK TO KNOWLEDGE BASE TABLE OF CONTENTS